Technology in Our District
Today, our learning environments must support college, career, and life readiness. The effective use of technology provides enhanced opportunities for students and employees to succeed in school and the work place. Technology is seen as a potential equalizer for schools separated by miles of country roads.
Our Mission: The Golden Plains USD Technology Department mission is to support the development of inquisitive, creative, resourceful thinkers; problem‐solvers; and eager participants in a global networked society.
Our Driving Questions are:
- How can we best prepare our students to thrive as digital citizens?
- What are the specific skills that current students need to posses in order to be sucessful in the future?
GPUSD goal is to be in the forefront of educational technology. We are committed to empower, enable and support our teacher to master today’s technology and to continues to review current research and recommendations for providing access to, and the best use of, information and communication technologies (ICT), while engaging in the following five important tasks:
- Support teachers and staff to seamlessly and effectively integrate ICT’s into the K-12 curriculum and other District business
- Strengthen efforts to use student e-portfolios at all grade levels
- Develop awareness of and increase in digital citizenship behaviors
- Update technology inventories
- Review and revise policies and procedures in support of effective 21st century learning
- Students will demonstrate information literacy and digital fluency, as defined by ITSE
- Teachers, administrators, and staff will leverage technology to enable our remote district to provide technology-rich curriculum
- Technology will be used throughout the District by GPUSD staff to improve communication, promote effectiveness, and generate efficiencies in all operations.
GPUSD Technology Department will provide the required connectivity, hardware, software, and related instructional resources necessary for all students and staff to meet digital fluency performance goals
Technology Department Staff
Director of Technology
Educational Technology Assistant
Educational Techology Assistant
Technology Support Technician